Wednesday 11 November 2015

Finding your ideal customers

I'm a firm believer in people buy from people. I enjoy meeting prospective clients but how I make the initial contact varies: it's often through social media, exhibitions, conferences and carefully selected networking events. 

It's easy to waste time, money and energy looking for your ideal customers in the wrong place. 

Let me give you an example. I enjoy networking but the groups I belonged to when I first set up 10+ years ago are no longer appropriate.  This is because I
 have a clear understanding of who is my ideal customer. This includes the types of company they work in, the positions they hold as well as where they go for help, what they read, how they like to engage as well plus an in-depth insight into their marketing needs.

So these days, I do a little networking, but go where I meet the decision makers from SMEs.  I use social media to engage with prospective clients, influencers and referrers.  

Top Tip: Review your marketing activities. Are they finding you your ideal clients? If not, take an in-depth view of who you want as customers and how best to reach them.

Need help? Contact me today to discuss how we can help you find your ideal customers through marketing mentoring, training and services. Tel:  +44 1283 808460 | 
Twitter: @HannahSookias | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hannahsookias

No comments:

Post a Comment